The FastReport for DBA/Desktop automate reports delivery from many databases (and even multiple at the same time) to see what information does your data store and export it to over 30 different formats and receive them on schedule.
FastReport use such databases as MS SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Firebird SQL, RavenDB, Couchbase, Excel, ClickHouse, Elastic Search, XML, JSON, CSV, SQLite, OLE DB, ODBC.
You can export and delivery: PDF, PDF/A, PDF/X, RTF, Excel 2007, Excel 97, Word 2007, PowerPoint 2007, Open Office Calc, Open Office Writer, XML, XAML, HTML, MHT, BMP, PNG, GIF, JPEG, TIFF, EMF, SVG, CSV, DBF, Json, Text, ZPL, PPML, PostScript, XPS, LaTeX.
Also you can send to OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, e-mail, FTP or print.
Reasons for using FastReport for DBA/Desktop as your reporting paltform
- Business Intelligence - know what valuable information your database stores and how it can help your business or infrastructure.
- Privacy - you analyze the data and you store the results. Confidentiality is not an issue.
- Convenience - preset and test on one machine, run on another
- Low-code - we have written all the code for you. Product doesn't require programming skills and will even work for simply advanced users.
- Automation - you can preset reports on your test machine and then implement on different ones and then have them delivered on schedule without your interference.
The software package FastReport for DBA/Desktop includes a range of products:
- FastReport for DBA manager (
FastReportForDBA.exe) - tool for managing reports, tasks and scheduling; This utility is present only in the
FastReport for DBAproduct;
- Report Designer (
Designer.exe) - tool for creating report templates;
- Task Configurator (
Configurator.exe) - a means of creating a configuration file for the console Builder;
- Scheduler (
Scheduler.exe) - Task Scheduler to export the report, send an e-mail;
- Report viewer (
Viewer.exe) - the report viewer.
- Console Builder (
BuilderC.exe) - builds a report in batch mode;
- Windows Builder (
BuilderW.exe) - builds a report in desktop mode.
How it works?
For example, a user wants to create a task to build a report in PDF format.
First of all you need to create a report template, if it is missing. For this the report designer applies.
Next, you must create a configuration file, which specifies the action with the report. In our case it is exported to PDF format and saved in the specified directory.
Once the configuration is ready, you can schedule a task.
And finally you will get a result in your mailbox or in a folder in your computer.